Monday, April 2, 2007

Review of a Movie I Haven't Seen: 300

It seems that everybody with $8.50 USD, a few hours to spare, and access to the internet have been blogging their reviews of the newest Frank Miller foray into digital moving pictures. But I myself do not have the money, the time, or internet access. So I haven't seen 300, and I won't blog my review.

That being said. Here is my review of a movie that I haven't seen.

I think the reactions of the undertones of American xenophobia in the film were greatly overblown. Every bowling team has to bowl against another team. Think the Dude v. the Jesus. So those Romans (good guys) have to beat the Islams (bad guys.) It blew me out of the mind when the bad guys actually bowled that perfect game. Then Xerses started that pop group with his gal pals, and got addicted to over-the-counter caffiene pills. Then he sent that letter, but it went to some gay guy two years ago, when bowling wasn't invented yet. So he got in that phone booth and went back to make out with that guy and invent bowling, so that there could be the first Olympics.

Overall I think it was a magical journey into the heart of a group of ragtag bowlers who invented time travel and the Olympics. There should be a sequal made, 301 where the reinvent future bowling so that a perefect score is 301.

I give it 7 out of 4 thumbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.